Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I have GOT to get better at this

People my people. I have got to take better pictures. BLURRY TIMES MCGEE. See, I don't care too much cuz I get the gist of it all (and maybe you do too) but how can I expect you to understand just how seriously great these dangly, handmade (maybe by a child!) sequin earrings are? They just look like blurry lumps. BAlrhjeoiha. Sorry.


Still and all, perhaps you can tell that this was the perfect outfit for a spring day. Blurry or not! And check out how I'm wearing two, count 'em, two belts at one and the same time. Uh-huh. Yeah I am!


Thrifted:

  • Papillon embroidered and sequined and screened paris skirt $7
  • Ralph Lauren black and white striped t-shirt $4
  • Ivory cardigan $5
  • Two goldish belts $5
  • Chunky heeled Mudd black boots $10
  • Ivory scarf $1
  • Sequin danglies $2
  • Bangles $3
Not thrifted:
  • Black footless tights $5
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo: 
  • I have not been sweatering correctly lately. Too short or too long or whathaveyou. This cardigan was close but not quite right. 
  • I liked the footless tights with boots on this. Counterbalanced the girliness of it all in a teensy bit punkrock way.
  • I am always happy when I am wearing French-i-fied things. Always.
Total outfit cost: $42

P.S. Last year and this year, side-by-side (it ain't perfect because of the camera perspective situation. Irritating.)


Left: May 14 2011. Right: May 14, 2012

It's funny - I can almost (almost!) remember what I was doing that day just based on the outfit. Hmmm.

2 comments:

  1. I don't understand why a professional photographer doesn't follow you around. Seriously. 'Cause now I want to see those earrings. Poo.
    --Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you should set up a little tripod and take them in the same spot each time to save time? Joby makes a great little "gorilla pod" thingy that is pretty awesome (you can wrap the "legs" around things if there's no good flat surface available.

    ReplyDelete