Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Still 80s, preppy version

I was kind of going for Ally Sheedy in St. Elmo's Fire here. Subconsciously. And, well, maybe you've noticed, I look nothing like Ally Sheedy. So, that's a little bit of a stretch.


But, y'know, pearls. Sweater. Navy. Camelhair. Etc. Etc. 


Thrifted:

  • Man's blue/teal/black plaid camelhair blazer $8
  • Red cashmere sleeveless sweater (I'm wearing it as a vest) $4
  • Pencil camel-colored skirt $4
  • Pearls $3
  • Gold charm bracelets $8
  • Pearl and gold clip-ons $2
  • Vibram army boots $24
  • Black and gold belt $2
  • Camel scarf headband $1
Not thrifted:
  • Old western style button up shirt with blues/greens/white floral pattern, old, $0
  • Lacy black tights $5

What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:

  • I am too old and Too Near The Change to wear this many clothes all at once. It was motherfucking hot. I kept my window open wide in the office even though it was a bit nippy.
  • Still and all I cannot deny that I felt like I was completely clothed all day. As in, this outfit is complete. Nothing to add. Nothing to take away. I was pleased.
  • Of course, I immediately filed this get-up into my "conservative" outfit file. For when I need to dress more conservatively for work or whathaveyou. I realize that this is a rather silly distinction since I am rather incapable of ever looking conservative. 
Total outfit cost: $61




1 comment:

  1. I love it that you were too hot! You look great in this conservative outfit.

    ReplyDelete