Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I can't help my 80s-ish-ness

Is this how it is for everyone? You just gravitate towards your era over and over? I can't help it. I will always think studded belts and rhinestones and fishnets and silver and plaid and chains and black and rocknroll and boots and leopard are the best combination of all time. It is my uniform gone fancy! Which is appropriate since my friend Allison and I will see the Gaultier exhibit at the DeYoung later today. I thought about wearing seriously high heels but my desire to walk happily all day and at the museum won. 


Thrifted:

  • Black studded clingy cardigan $4
  • Green plaid pencil skirt (no tag, I think it's homemade) $5
  • Frye engineer boots $10
  • Bangles and rhinestones $3
  • Many rhinestoney necklaces (SEE BELOW!!) $5
  • Dangly black earrings $1
Not thrifted:
  • Fishnets, old, $0
  • Elvis Costello t-shirt $30
  • Black studded belt, old, $0
  • My mom's leopard bow, $0
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • Nothing!
  • Well, maybe I'd add some lace gloves.
  • Kidding.
  • Maybe not kidding.
  • Don't laugh, but for me...this just feels like a regular old outfit. AKA, NOT an outfit. Just "I put on a t-shirt and skirt" type thing.
Total outfit cost $58

P.S. I got hives today, for the second time. Today (like the first time, in December), it came on very suddenly and very hot and needle-y. I have no idea what I'm allergic to, but it's something. My co-worker said she used to get hives every day. That would be a bummer.

P.P.S. Here are all my necklaces:


2 comments:

  1. Ah - you put on a tshirt and a skirt and look fabulous! Who cares the era? it is all about how you feel. Love you!

    ReplyDelete