Saturday, March 31, 2012

March and only kind of mad

Don't know if you've noticed, but apparently I'm back into this blogging thing. Check out the record number of posts for March - most since September. YOU'RE WELCOME. And, honestly, this is a big deal to me. See, I'm the kind of person that goes through phases in which in get into something, do it to the hilt, and then move along. It's irritating to some, but I like life that way. Always interesting!


Weight loss - well, you can't do that. Unfuckingfortunately. I signed up for the long haul, and that's kind of a bummer, but also just reality. I have to stick with it. This here blawg helps me stick. So, thanks. Thanks for coming along for the ride!


Thrifted:

  • Striped Ralph Lauren shirt $4
  • Ivory, floral polyester button-down $4
  • Black cardigan $4
  • Ivory swingy skirt $7
  • Mess-o-pearls $4
  • Rose barrette/hair pin $1
  • Lace-up combat boots $10
  • Clip-on pearl earrings $2
Not thrifted:
  • Black tights $5
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • I don't know if it's exactly healthy to take photos of yourself every day-ish. I mean, totally self-absorbed. Boring. Etc. But, also, I've lost my ability judge! Not sure if this is a good outfit or what. But I was comfortable and felt put-together all day. That's good. 
Total outfit cost $41






4 comments:

  1. Dear Lady Cardigan, I think your stick-to-it-iveness with the blawg is swell. I also tend to get hyped and then cool off about things so, more power to you. Also, I think "good outfit" is in the eye of the wearer sometimes. I like things more matchy-matchy but does that make it "good?" Nope. And, you DON'T like m/m at all so... YOu just wear what you want and enjoy your life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks V-dub! Yeah, I don't even trust my own eyeballs anymore. But whatever...It's not the end of the world! Happy arrival day, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Running through the last few posts and had to weigh in that I *do* like this outfit - like a lot. It's even something I could try and enjoy (stripes & pattern mixed under a solid over layer - fun!). Maybe do some variations? Love the white skirt too but I could never keep that clean for an hour let alone a work day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HGM! Well, it's a cotton skirt, and beigey (which I swear makes all the difference). I have to say that I probably wouldn't wear this to muck. But I do a lot of messy projects all day at the inn (where I wore this). I wear aprons and old lab coats when I'm baking or painting or whathaveyou. I guess that's kind of a pain. TY!

    ReplyDelete