Monday, March 12, 2012

I decree a moratorium

I decree a moratorium on full skirts until I trim down a-fucking-gain. Yes? Yes. Seriously, I fucking hate how short I look in this picture. Short and squat. But the thing is, I have no idea if what I see is real or not real.


Don't worry, I'm EMOTIONALLY FINE. But I am irritated with how quickly I see myself as fat in the mirror again. However, if it is a motivator to kick myself in the ass, I'm cool with that.


I wore this at the inn in the middle of some totally crazy days! Out east, then back home for a couple days for our inn-related whale festival* and heading back east tomorrow. Sometimes I have to wear flat shoes and loose clothes for a day, y'know?


Thrifted:

  • Black clingy cardigan $4
  • White t-shirt $2
  • Red polyester pleated full skirt $5
  • Black Dr. Martens maryjanes $6
  • "A" necklace $2 
Not thrifted:
  • Flower print on white footless tights $8
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • Is it just me or do I really need to deal with my ladies? AGAIN. I have got hoist 'em better.
  • Also, umm, yeah, no full skirts for a while, yes? Yes.
Total outfit cost: $27

* Would you like to hear a sweet story? Okay then! Here you go!

A year ago, during the week before our whale festival (an event in our inn community that involves a whole bunch of work but raises money for local stuff so therefore cool), I was working like a crazy lady back east pretty much all week, every week, with a client that I love that was dealing with some serious trouble. Someone emailed the mister asking if we could put together a box for the raffle for our whale festival (which seems stupid, but they wanted something artsy and fun, which is my specialty). He forwarded it to me, and I immediately said, no snark intended, "okay, yes, sure, I can make a really cool little box to hold raffle tickets on friday night when I get home (umm, after I fly six hours and drive three hours to the inn). no problem!" And my mister replied, "honey...are you crazy? No. Just no. You are doing important work back east and you need to stay focused. Don't let this stuff distract you. I can make it. I only emailed you to let you know, and I'll deal with it. I just wondered if you knew of some sort of box somewhere that I could use. That's all. Okay? Okay."

See how he's the bee's knees? 

1 comment:

  1. The title of your Scott story should be "How To Know You've Married The Right One". Awesome.
    --Sue

    ReplyDelete