Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Huh

I put this getup together a week ago (along with a couple more - nothing like having outfits lined up!), but then you have to wait for the right weather and circumstances and all that. 


Then I put it on and was instantly kind of bored. It needed something. A red belt? More mustard? Actually, I always think an outfit could use more mustard. Anyway, bus-catching and oversleeping conspired against me and away I went to work. 


Then, two people stopped me on the street to compliment the outfit. Huh? I WILL TAKE IT. 


Thrifted:

  • Ivory polyester sleeveless top $4
  • Brown cotton/tweedy print pencil skirt $5
  • Wool sweater with blue/browns fair isle type details $7
  • Brown naturalizer ankle strap maryjanes $7
  • Bangles $3
  • Wooden bead clipons $1
  • Pale blue scarf headband $1
Not thrifted:
  • Anthropologie wide, holey knit tights $15
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • The aforementioned color addition! Mustard! 
  • Jewelry around the neck (I actually had some blue beads picked out but it all felt too matchy matchy and I put them away)
  • The pencil skirt pleases me more than the full skirts I've been wearing. Indeed!
Total outfit cost: $43

1 comment:

  1. great outfit and I would definitely add the mustard accent (red is too predictable).

    ReplyDelete