Monday, March 19, 2012

Here's to daylight!

How freaking easy is it for me to take a non-sucky daily outfit photo when the light outside cooperates?


And...why, yes, I am taking this photo at a VERY FLATTERING ANGLE, which you might think is intentional but is really just an accident. As I have made quite QUITE evident on this here blawg, I'm not exactly talented at the taking of photos, despite the fact that I held the position of Assistant Manager of Sears Portrait Studio when I was17. My skills for that job were less about lighting and stuff and more in the ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh-BOO department of making babies lo ok surprised which passed for a "smile" in the eyes of mushy new parents. 


Enough with the blah-blah-blah. 


Thrifted:

  • Kenneth Cole men's black and white oxford buckle shoes, over which I swoon with swooniness because I am from the 80s and this shoe, THIS SHOE, is the shoe of my dreams for only $6.99 - a fact that I shared with the world today because I failed to remove the price tag from the back of the shoe and actually am kind of sad that I eventually removed because that is such a great price and I do like to brag about my extreme priceawesomeness.
  • White t-shirt $2
  • Black clingy cardigan $4
  • Extra sweet pink/ivory clipons $1.50 (MORE ON THESE BELOW)
  • Talbots floral silk a-line skirt $4
  • Pale pink headband/scarf $1
Not thrifted:
  • Knit cable foot-less tights. $0. Old. 
  • Also old studded belt $0
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • I love all shoes like this (clunky, buckles, doc-like, from the 80s, etc etc etc and so on and so forth) but I also love to be tall-er. I really reallllllly wanted to put on chunky-heeled black boots but am glad I didn't cuz of my goal to branch out. Still, short. Hmmm.
  • I had a strangely hard time putting this outfit together. Partly cuz of the shoes, but also cuz the tights I kept putting with it were OBVS (black, white, pale pink, etc). I'm liking the beigey cable knits, you?
Total outfit cost: $18.50 (HOLY MOLY)

P.S. About the earrings! Here's a little tip, tho I am loathe to share it...There is an open air market just south of Fort Bragg, CA, on weekends and a lady that shows up *sometimes* and sells jewelry. Prices range, all the way up to $50ish or so for really gorgeous stuff, but she always has a bunch of clip-ons for $2 each OR 3 pairs for $5. These truly amazing pink babies (mostly rubbery plastic with fake jewels) were among my last $5 score...and these are pretty typical for what she has. Here's a close up, and do whisper a really good secret in my giant ear: 




1 comment:

  1. Lovely gal, beautiful earrings.
    --Sue

    ReplyDelete