Tuesday, March 27, 2012

An extra in an Amy Grant video maybe?

Oh how my teenage self would have loved this getup. The cardigan has a distinctly Esprit-in-the-80s vibe. My gawd, how I wanted to wear Esprit in the 80s but I never did cuz we only shopped at Sears (for fancy clothes) and at the (military) PX for everything else. Well, that's for the things that we BOUGHT. When you're the youngest of nine you don't really wear new clothes. Hand-me-downs and homemade - that was it. I didn't really appreciate the handmade stuff, either. Now I do, too late.


Also in the 80s: I loved Amy Grant. And I swear this looks like something a girl in the crowd at an Amy Grant concert would wear.* Not that that's a bad thing.


Thrifted:

  • Basic Outlook black short cardigan with red flowers and white polkydots $2
  • White t-shirt $2
  • Burberry-ish plaid skirt $4
  • Skecher butterscotch chunky heel mid-calf boot $10
  • Sparkly pearl and tan bead clipons $1
  • Sheer tan scarf head band $1
Not thrifted:
  • Old necklaces $0
  • Black tights $5
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • I wasn't happy with my accessories today. Not quite right - maybe chunkier and bold would have been better than dainty chains.
  • I feel a little silly in this sweater. It feels a little youthful to me. Ha ha.
  • I don't hate this. Not sure I'd wear it again, but I don't hate it at all.
Total outfit cost $25

* I have changed a little tiny bit since those days shall we say.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, Amy Grant! Didn't we do Amy Grant songs in choir?
    I like the sweater. Viva the 80's, baby!
    --Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue - e-mannnnnnn-u-el. e-maaaaa--aaa-aaan - u-el. YES we did! indeed! This sweater totally looks like you actually. Maybe I will give it to you the next time I see you!

    ReplyDelete