Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The first photo of 2012!

Such excitement over here at Cardiganza HQ. I am wearing a differentish-for-me kind of outfit.

It happened like this. My friend Allison and I had fun passes (that's when your mister lets you off the hook for the night and you can hang with your pal). We held up bar stools at Cafe Rouge, drank a schooner of wine, of course, and ate a bunch of oysters and discussed...ummm, I'm not sure what we discussed but I remember the word fabulous was used with alarming frequency (ahem, see "schooner of wine" above).

Then Allison came back to my pad where I had the world's best skirt for her. It's yellowish with a green ribbon around the hem and vaguely asian scenes of a monkey wearing hats. I KNOW. Too small for me. Lovely on her. And whilst transferring the skirt to her possession, she picked out this outfit for me. I was worried about Bag Lady Syndrome. Whaddya think?

Thrifted:
  • Amanda Smith gray and white jersey wraparound dress $4
  • Pink Fluevog boots $35
  • Bangles $4
  • Clip on silver danglies $1
  • Pink sheer scarf headband $1
Not thrifted:
  • White tights $4
  • White tank $?
  • Jones New York green cardigan $0 (very old, from the pre- days!)
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • Belt the sweater on the outside? That's what I think. I just like a snug sweater. Weird.
  • Not sure if the white tights were right. Maybe I shoulda done another color or nothing. But it was nippy out and time was short, blah blah blah.
  • I honestly thought when Allison left my house that night that there was no way I would wear this outfit. I mean, I don't wear dresses. And the cardigan is baggy. And, dude, the Fluevogs with it? But, I trust her style sense so I left it on the ready rack. And...I don't hate it! Wearing a dress is really quite comfortable. And the Fluevogs, well, they can't be beat in terms of comfort and cute-fort.

    All in all, I liked it more than I thought I would. And it's a look I hadn't tried before, so that's cool, right?
Total outfit cost: $49

2 comments:

  1. Come to the dark side of us dress wearers . . . but tell no one that we do it because it's comfortable. Anyway, you look marvelous and there is no dress more uniformly attractive on women than the wrap dress.
    --Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I see it, I think the dress is wonderful on you and the boots with it are kicky! But I agree that it would be cuter with a tight sweater so that the sexiness of the wrap dress doesn't get lost (I know nothing of belting so I can't speak to that). I think the white tights might have looked better in real life, some things don't photograph so well even if they look fine in person.

    I wore the monkey skirt today and received TWO compliments and one appalled look. I think the appalled look was more because of the furry vest I was wearing at that time which -- along with the flare of the monkey skirt and the stout brown suede boots -- made me look remarkably and unfortunately like one of the winged monkeys in The Wizard of Oz.

    ReplyDelete