Sunday, January 1, 2012

Dear Lady Cardigan

Ladies and gentlemanlymen! I have had this post in my head for going on always, and now that I am finally breathing for a goddamn minute, I am making it happen.

Dum-de-dum! Here it is: Dear Lady Cardigan! In which I answer your commented and emailed questions! Please note that I have edited your questions to ferret out perceived subtext and for my own entertainment. And also because I am too lazy/tired/incapable of looking up your actual questions.


*********
Dear Lady Cardigan,

WTF? Where have you been for the last month? Geezus, do you EVEN BLAWG ANYMORE? Boo-hoo, I pressure you to blawg NOW.

Sincerely,

The masses of bereft readers

Dear MBRs,

I will blawg whenever the fuck I feel like it. I was busy. The end.

Also, thank you for your interest and concern.

*********
Dear Lady Cardigan,

[Regarding my comments that the outfit in the preceding post felt a little boring to me]What makes it (possibly) boring to you? Is it that it is only a two color outfit as opposed to three, four or more? Or, is it that the colors are not bright? (Genuinely curious, not being snarky!) Love the outfit.

-- Anonymous

Dear Anonymous,

Well, I have no fucking idea why my eyeballs get bored. I too am not being snarky. I genuinely have no idea! You see, I have lived for 46 years without paying attention to the fashion for the most part other than project runway and my high school obsession with junk costume jewelry. But, I have to say, that I do *know what I like.* And I very often see people wearing outfits I admire - usually because they put them together in unexpected ways. I burst of yellow. A teeny bit of red. And I know that I am most very highly pleased when Alice makes me an outfit that I hadn't thought of.

Is it all because I hadn't thought of it so therefore it is good? In other words, if I thought of it, it's not good? Well no. But, truly, while I am having a blast with the art of clothing, I don't have illusions that I am actually *good* at it. I'm not being self-deprecating here, just honest. So when an outfit comes together easily, or, rather TOO easily, I am suspicious of it. And, also, it feels safe. That is NOT to say that I am not looking good in it. Sure. Fine. I am. But I did not delight me. No big.

Did that clear things up for you, Anonymous? Because I remain perplexed.

Yours,
The Lady C

*********
Dear Lady Cardigan,

[Regarding this post]Wow, a LOT in this blog. It must have been hard to not be able to just buy what you wanted. But obviously there was more to the issue than that, deeper things. And now, owner of 100 skirts, what will you do? Donate most of them back? Per haps the fun was just in the collecting? I have six skirts and think that's too many. It's all perspective, eh? I found this to be a very deep blawg and it's possibly too much for my brain to handle on no coffee. But you are honest and funny and you will work out whatever is niggling at you in your brain.

-- Vegan Wife

Dear V-dub,

Ha ha! V-Dub! Well, I'm afraid we have a situation in which you may be thinking I'm deeper than I am. Nope. I am, however, deeper when drinkie which is not the same as *real and actual* deep. But to answer your specific questions.

A. Was it hard to not buy what I want? No, I don't think so. Kids are stupid and want stupid things. I had what I needed. For realz.

B. And will I now donate a lot of my 100 skirts? Oh DEAR GAWD, NO. I think I should be clear: I LOVE MY CLOTHES. They are stupid fun and don't hurt anyone. So I'm keeping them. However, I do immediately put the ones that didn't work back on to the to donate pile. And the ones that are not my size, I give to friends who will do them justice and usually only a teeny tiny part of me dies inside that they won't be mine.


*********

Dear Lady Cardigan,


Just a technical question. How on earth do you remember what you paid for every item of clothing? Love your blog.


-- Anonymous


Dear Anonymous,


Each and every item of clothing is numbered and logged in my clothing maintenance system with store and price. Then whenever I wear it, I pull the data and report to you.


Actually, I leave the price tag in in whatever I buy.



*********

That's all, pretty ones. I'll be back soon!



2 comments:

  1. I think one of your future blawg posts should be "Ask Lady Cardigan" wherein devoted readers send their style or other questions to you and you respond (at your leisure, of course). I think that would be neat.

    ReplyDelete