I was also wearing four inch heels - these nine west cuties with the tie-up-the-ankle thing. They're surprisingly comfortable, which is a good thing because our brief stroll from showtime to dinnertime ended up being about 45 minutes. Which is fine given I was, as they say in medifastian, off plan for a couple of days.
45 minutes on the crowded hot streets gave me plenty of time to observe just how damn many people wear clothes that are summery and too small. I'm not talking about 19 year olds in skimpy mini skirts. I'm talking about grown up ladies wearing tank tops and shorts that just...don't fit. What is that? I mean, I know we're all fucked about sizes and stuff (I always wore clothes a bit too big myself) but damn, that look is so unflattering. It was all I could do not to pull people aside and tell them they need to go a size up and they would look and feel ten times better. But what do I know?
Okay, so, thrifted:
- Nylon black boat neck with rosette on the collar $4
- Pretty paris skirt - ivories, black, brown, a little burgundy $7
- Nine west strappy heels $6
- Bangles $4
- Sheer brown/ beige scarf $1
- Brown clip ons 50 cents
- Anthro gold slim belt $28
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
- Ummm, nothing? What do you think?
- It is so so so weird that I was comfortable wearing a form fitting top all night. I am not used to that. Nice.
Total outfit cost: $51