Friday, November 11, 2011

I fought the cauliflower, and the cauliflower won...MY HEART!

Oh. Yeah. Sorry about the title.

In truth I have always loved cauliflower. But I made a thing the other night that was surprisingly delicious (involving the cauliest of flowers).

I only had arugula for salad. Fine for me, but Sir Cardigan requires a more complex feedbag so I had to fancy it up. I had cauliflower. But raw cauliflower with arugula is a damn bitter salad. Okay, but hmmm.

I cut up the tips of the cauliflower into little quarter inch dots and steamed it in the microwave for about two minutes with just a bit of Torani sugar free vanilla syrup. And then I tossed it with the arugula in some champagne vinaigrette. It was delicious! The sweet added the right amount of zany good. I claim victory!

In other news, here is your outfit!

Thrifted:
  • Vintage Carol Brent black wool dress $5
  • Beigy nylon/silk cardigan $4
  • Doc Martens maryjanes (LOVE these shoes) (I am from the 80s). $7
  • Gold charm bracelet $3
Not thrifted:
  • Knit cable foot-less tights. $0. Old.
  • On sale anthropologie necklace with a bunch of different lockets $10
  • Gold hoop clip-ons $1
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • This outfit really accentuates the fact that I have rather curvy bottom area. You can't see it. I don't know how feel about that.
Total outfit cost: $30


2 comments:

  1. Now this outfit is a Winner! And the salad sounded yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never have thought to fix cauliflower like that. Very cool.
    And I just have to comment--the outfit accentuates your rather curvy bottom area? Horror! How dare you be built like a female! You should have the nearly absent derriere of an 11 year old boy! Madeline Stanionis, I will keep telling you you're a beautiful WOMAN 'til the day I die. So there.
    --Sue

    ReplyDelete