Monday, November 28, 2011

I don't think I've ever worn a long white cashmere coat before.

I mean, who wears a long white - cashmere - coat? I think that rich people do. Oh. AND ME.

I don't quite know why, but I have more coats than practically anything else. But cardigans. And skirts. And maybe boots. Oh fuck off. I have a lot of clothes.

This beautiful vintage - 50s or 60s I think - long white cashmere coat was $15 at a thrift store on HALF OFF day. So, yeah, it was $7. For $7, I can wear a white coat now and again, y'know?

Thrifted:
  • Aforementioned long white cashmere coat $7 (did I tell you it is in PERFECT condition? It is.)
  • Mustard merino wool long sleeved sweater $4
  • Lovely Merrill 40s black wool pencil skirt $20
  • Black and gold punky style studded belt $2
  • Black chunky boots $10 (I'm bored with them too, but so easy!)
  • Gold/pearly clip ons $1
  • Pendleton anniversary scarf $5
Not thrifted:
  • Mustard tights $14
  • Cotton big hole tights $15
  • Yeah. I'm wearing two pairs of tights at the same time. It's nippy out!
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • I'm not certain the layering of tights works. I like the idea of it but nothing special on. Maybe it would work better if the under-color-tights were less human colored. Like green or blue. Y'know?
  • I loved wearing that coat today. I felt grown-up.
  • Damn, I love autumn too. And autumn colors. Sweet.
Total outfit cost: $71. GEEBUS. Most expensive outfit I've worn in a long time.

PS: This was an accident photo. I hadn't backed up enough for my auto-photo-taker. But it looks pretty, yes?


1 comment:

  1. Tights are expensive! And they don't last for crap. And they can't be thrifted.

    I think I spend more on tights than the entire rest of my wardrobe put together.

    That said, did you see that Anthropologie has those gorgeous big-crazy-lacy tights on sale? Still to pricey for me though.

    ReplyDelete