Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Clip-on boy tie

I have all these ties. All different styles. Grown-up man ties with stripes. Beautiful skinny retro ones in fab hues. And, my favorite, clip-on ties that belong on 12 year old boys. Like this one!

It's gold with a little bit of green across the top and a tiny blue crest. Wonderful! Thing is, I haven't exactly figured out how to wear ties. I mean, if I could pull off the Diane Keaton thing with the loose tailored clothing, I would. But she's narrow and pointy and loose looks lush on her. I'm round and a little squat so loose and tailored looks like I need to put my red nose and big shoes on and do some pratfalls. Tailored, yes. But loose? No.

I digress! Back to the boy's tie! I'm wearing it! Whaddya think?

Thrifted:
  • Brown cotton/rayon cardigan, nothing special, $5
  • Cream polyester vintage collared shirt $4
  • Gold clip on tie $2
  • Brown ratty belt $2
  • Blue cotton J Crew pencil skirt $4
  • Brown chunky boots $7
  • Blue clip-ons $1
  • Gold scarf $1
Not thrifted:
  • Lacey cream tights $5
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the old-school mirror picture:
  • Belt? No belt? I dunno. Do you?
  • As usual lately, I liked this more in my head than in this photo, but I might just be seeing through fucked up lenses.
  • Hey! I tried a new thing! I like that!
Total outfit cost: $31

2 comments:

  1. You're rockin' that tie.
    --Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit, especially the tie. I have a bunch, too. Must remember to wear them occasionally.

    ReplyDelete