Friday, October 7, 2011

Wow! I didn't recognize you!

Hey, miss me? Me too. I've been away on the bizness, part of which was a conference at which I saw a whole lot of people whom I hadn't seen in a thousand years. That is what conferences are for. You know.

A lot of people at this conference commented the likes of "Lady Cardigan? I almost didn't recognize you!" Or, "Wow. You look great. Not that you didn't look great before..."

My colleague asked me how I felt about that sort of thing, and the truth is that I feel weird about it. Weird. And I've been trying to put my finger on exactly why.

I mean, it's nice when people say nice things. And, hey, I write a BLAWG about CLOTHES so I damn well better be aiming to please, right?

But, and I know I sound ridiculous, but I almost don't want people to notice. Because noticing means...noticing. And just to be extra clear on this pile of terrified crap, it means that people will also notice should I regain all that damn weight. Blergahatightttwzzouasyg.

It's terribly embarrassing to admit this. That's all I'm gonna say on the subject.

*****
In other news, I ate like a growing teenage boy all week (right down to being tempted to buy a box of cereal and a carton of milk at the cvs) (I didn't). However, I did not resist the totally worth it totchos (tater tot nachos). I'm not weighing in for a week so I can get things back in order.

*****
In other other news, I really dug choosing my favorite past outfits and just wearing them this past week without a single extra minute of choosing and thinking.

*****
That is all my friends. Happy Friday to you!

2 comments:

  1. don't ever leave for that long again... sniffle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems that no matter how "together" I try to be, whenever someone pays me a compliment ("Wow, you look great in that shirt!") I immediately want to ask "Did I not look great before? What was wrong?" which, of course, makes me sound like a needy, nerdy, nitwit with no sense of my own self-worth. Uh...like I am. Damn!

    ReplyDelete