Sunday, October 23, 2011

Well. This happened.

Yesterday afternoon, I was carrying a pile of happy hour goodness into the lodge where Sir Cardigan was greeting some guests. He turned to me and said, "These folks are on their honeymoon checking in to [vacation rental we manage in addition to our inn] and guess what? She [pointing to the lady] reads your blog."

Me: [in my head]: YOU ARE A PERFECT STRANGER AND ARE READING THIS HERE BLAWG. WHY IS THAT. IS THIS A SETUP. WHAT? WHAT?

Me: [out loud]: BLAERG MUFFLE PIE.

Yes, Readers of Cardiganza. I met a reader of this here blawg that I don't even know. And the person she mentioned who told her about it - I don't know her either. So that makes two. Who knew? Anyway, she is cool and trying to do the low-impact-life-thing, hence the interest in thriftysauce.

As we were chatting, Sir Cardigan* pointed out that I have made a map of thrift stores between our homebase and our inn area. It's not actually complete, but still pretty damn useful. If you are in northern California and need chunky boots in any color, I guarantee success at any of these spots!


Go forth and prosperize. I will be making a halloween costume for my halloween gawdchild today from my thrift treasure. There is no cardigan, but a cape. Capes are honorary cardigans, of course, so there will be a photo (should I ever finish).

*Yeah, that's what I'm calling him now. I likey.

4 comments:

  1. I like Sir Cardigan - it fits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the map! I have family up in Monte Rio/Santa Rosa/Windsor, so this will come in reeeally handy during the holiday season, when I'm sure that thrifty retail therapy will be much needed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madeline, what does "BLAERG MUFFLE PIE" mean? :-)
    --Sue

    ReplyDelete