Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Turning heads! Well, turning one head that is.

What? What? Is that a handsome little man turning his head at this sweet getup? Why yes. Yes indeed.

Scout-y, the fine little man to whom I refer, apparently liked this outfit as much as I did. There's just something about a skirt with a lot of skirt to it. Girly McGirlyTime, yeah? My colleague Heather said I looked like candy. Ha ha.

Thrifted:

  • Ivory cross-hatch pattern cardigan $4
  • Ivory tshirt with gray circles and funky ties across the front $4
  • Banana Republic pinks, ivories, and moss full skirt $5
  • Pearly time $3
  • Ivory wedge espadrilles with tie up straps $10 (These were brand new, never been worn. A little sandal-ly for my taste (I don't like toe showage), but drove me nuts all day with the straps moving and slipping and falling and doing whatever the fuck they wanted to do all day.) (Still, cute.)
Not thrifted: Nothing!

What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • So. I realize I sound crazy. But I am doing that thing that when I see myself I only see the previous me. A year ago me. So much so that I pulled out a pair of previous big lady jeans and put them on - in my head, I thought they were gonna fit. They didn't of course - way to big. But, I had to fucking prove that. What the shit is wrong with me and my head? Ay yi yi. The silliness!
Total outfit cost: 26

2 comments:

  1. You do look like candy! Just so beautiful, seriously. And how could anyone not look at this pic and shout, "Oooo, doggie ears!"
    --Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw this outfit, Lady C., I thought "Oh! A French ballerina!!" and it made me smile. If you can pull off a ballerina look after the age of 10 (you can and do!), you are cool beyond words.

    En chante, mon ami!

    ReplyDelete