Tuesday, October 11, 2011

These bangs were not easy. No they were not.

Oh I know they may not look all that special to you. But I will tell you that there are three different kinds of hair color in my bangs. AFTER the bleach part. But, I am perfectly happy with the results. They are the color I had in my mind's eye. Blonde in dim light, but with greeny tones in bright light.

Do you want more information? YES? I am here for you.

First I bleached the shit out of my bangs. Then I mixed up two parts Manic Panic Electric Banana with one part Electric Lizard and painted that on my bangs. Then I rinsed it out. Freaked my shit out. Went to bed. Endured kind glances the next morning at my 10th grade dye job. Then, added some Nice-n-Easy Medium Champagne Blonde. Voila. Crazy-ass-vaguely neon doll hair. But, that's what I was going for. I KNOW. Who actually goes for that? Me. I do.

Thrifted:
  • (Yet another) Mustard short cardigan, Liz & Co, $5
  • Brown tank $4
  • Homemade wool pinky champagne a-line skirt with brown stitching $5
  • Pearl jewelry $4
  • Brown Dingo boots $20
  • Sheer ivory scarf head band $1
Not thrifted: Nothing!

What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • All I can see is the five pounds I think I've gained. That's all. I know, pathetic-pants. But there you are.
  • Also, though, I see a bag under my arm with goat cheese and artichokes and a baguette and Le Monde, and I am strolling briskly on a cobblestone street towards the Metro. Because, for god-knows-why-reason, this outfit seems french to me. It does.
Total outfit cost: $39

2 comments:

  1. I so appreciate your efforts. Being a hair-dying nut, I respect a clever dye job. Well done, Madeline!
    --Sue
    P.S. Damn, you're gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, the eternal search for a not-boring-to-me color. I love the color, still not sure if I love it ON ME.
    PS. Sue, shut up. Yer nice.

    ReplyDelete