Saturday, October 8, 2011

Oh geebus I freaking did it again

Maybe you can't see this. Fuck, I didn't. But I effing matched my outfit to my hair again.

Today I put on this mod green, brown, and white print skirt and thought I was being all avant garde with my crimson cardigan. And then Mister Cardigan, when I said I needed to do something with my hair, said, "well, it matches your outfit, what more do you want."

HONESTLY. Matching an outfit to your hair is just silly.

Thrifted:
  • Christie & Jill silk/cotton crimson cardigan $4
  • White t-shirt $3
  • Mod print skirt $5
  • Brown cowboy boots $10
  • Brown belt $2
  • Dangly white earrings $2
Not thrifted: Nothing!

What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • If I didn't have to do real work of a running around variety, I would wear platforms. Platforms are cool and mod like the skirt. But I had to run around today, so boots.
Total outfit cost: $26

PS. It has been brought to my attention that I am sometimes unnecessarily critical of my outfits. But you guys! That's the point! This isn't for me to say "hey look how cute and cheap my clothings are!" (Well, maybe a little.)

I mean, I already am writing a blawg, a fact about which I am so embarrassed that I can't even freaking spell the word correctly. Because, obvs, I can't bring myself to admit that I'm engaging in a past time so horrifically self-indulgent as this here blawg. So if I'm already going to go fishing for compliments every day, because that's what this ends up doing even if I don't want it to, damn, I'm gonna go out out of my way to really mitigate the self-congratulatory nature of it all. By finding the things that are wrong.

And even if this wasn't the case, well, damn, I hate how everything in the world is so "you're great!" I mean, sure, I'm all for self-worth and not beating yourself up. But there's always room for improvement. There is! I try to find that! That's all. So that's why I'm trying to be self-critical.

That is all. The end. Carry on, friends!

PPS. I am dying my bangs a citron color right this very minute. That is yellowish-green fyi. And, not kidding, I think it's going to glow in the dark. I AM RAD LIKE THAT.

4 comments:

  1. LOL. point taken. Can't wait to see the bangs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What heather gm said.
    --Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. HGM! Not a smack down or anything. Just an "in my defense" sort of thing. But I appreciate you pointing it out...

    ReplyDelete
  4. your blawg makes me so darn happy!

    ReplyDelete