Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I really really do love a parade!

In fact, I love parades so very much that one year for my birthday, my truly fucking creative amazing colleagues gave me one of those drum major hats with the feathers. And gloves. And boot spats. Oh, and also made me a freaking flag. I don't even have any pictures of it. But picture the most awesome handmade funny personal flag with glitter and rainbows and iron-ons and silly sayings and whatnot. That's my flag.

Anyway, my love for parades may explain why I can't resist paradewear. It's like sportswear but for parade people. I am quite certain that the white jacket over there was for someone's high school marching band. It's crappy polyester and either handmade or poorly made costumey stuff. But, you know, I love it.

Thrifted:
  • Butterfly scarf headband $2
  • Turquoise Arrow manshirt $2
  • Drum major jacket $5
  • Navy polyester a line skirt with buttons in the pleat down the middle (I love this skirt!) $5
  • Red criss-cross practically flats $6
  • A necklace $2
  • Blue clip ons $1
Not thrifted: Nothing!

What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • I felt like a parade all day, but, not being critical here, this outfit is not a parade. It is fine. Just not a parade.
  • I have to say that I thought my color combination here was really rad. I don't think the photo captures that. But I know. I know!
Total outfit cost: $23

No comments:

Post a Comment