Sunday, September 11, 2011

Tell me why I don't like Sundays

They are my most ridiculous day. That's why I don't like them. Wake up in one world (inn-land), go to sleep in the other (work-world). Too busy to take care of the outfit and makeup and cardigan. But I made a commitment to my very dear readers this month so I shall not skip a day! Not even Sunday.

I *should* be starting The Hunger Challenge today, but that is not the way my life worked and I am starting tomorrow. I will be one day behind my fellow challengers, like the awesome HB, who had an okay first day even though she slipped on dog poo. The Hunger Challenge, btw, is where I will join a bunch of other people in living on $4.72 per day for food - the amount that someone on food stamps receives - for one week. Should be fun. No, not really. I'm just saying that.

Okay, back to today. Thrifted:
  • Yellow cotton cardigan $5
  • Charcoal swingy skirt $6
  • Cotton stretchy tshirt $4
  • Black sheer blouse with ruffle and bric-a-brac. Bric-a-brac! $6
  • Yellow clip ons $1
  • Mess o pearls $3
  • Chunky black boots $10
Not thrifted: Nothing. Not one thing!

What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • I'd take the freaking picture during the day, wear some makeup, and check a mirror beforehand. Okay? Okay.
  • Also, hi hips. Blech.
Total outfit cost: $35

***********************************
30 SKIRTS HATH SEPTEMBER | SKIRT THE 11TH | SWING SKIRT

2 comments:

  1. Hey Madeline, you always look lovely but I have to tell you something. I always look at the pic first, then read the blog. First thing I thought was, "She looks especially pretty here." So -- btw, you look GREAT with no makeup. It really catches the eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that funny? I think I look especially shiny. Eye, beholder, etc.

    ReplyDelete