Friday, September 9, 2011

Skirt the ninth: Pencil

Yesterday I commented that I have previously viewed photographs of myself with a stupid blend of shock and sickening. When someone commented that that was sad, I almost edited the word sickening. But, then, no. It is indeed embarrassing to admit that I was shocked and a little sickened by photos of my previous heavier self.

To be clear, though, it's not that I felt sick. Or thought I was actually shocking or sickening. It was just the photo that made me feel that way. I never thought that the photos were actually and in fact ME. Me, myself, I - no, I'm not sickening. But the photos were. A little. That's all.

Onward we go.

Thrifted:
  • Cabi pink/blue striped shirt with all kinds of embroidery $6
  • Tan tshirt $4
  • Minty green pencil skirt $7
  • Brown cowboy boots $10
  • Chunky ivory clipons $2
Not thrifted:
  • Cowboy belt $20
  • Clocket $20
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • It's kind of, I don't know, boring.
Total outfit cost: $69

***********************************
30 SKIRTS HATH SEPTEMBER | SKIRT THE 9TH | PENCIL SKIRT

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! I can just imagine showing this photo to a normal (normal = not us) lady like, say, my stepmother and saying, "Gosh, isn't this outfit BORING?"

    ReplyDelete