Thursday, September 1, 2011

Skirt the first

I tried for sassy again but got awkward. Sigh. I read these blogs with gorgeous photos and dreamy daily outfit photos in which the wearer of outfits is all lithe and charming but those things elude me rather epically. Oh well. I have other gifts!

Today is the first day of 30 Skirts Hath September, in which I wear a new-to-this-blog skirt every single goddamn day! Good times ahead!

Thrifted:
  • Rafaella black and white cotton floral skirt $6
  • Pink cotton flowery bits tshirt $4
  • Vintage white plastic flower choker/necklace $14
  • Clip on plastic chunky earrings $2
Not thrifted:
  • Daughters of the Liberation seersucker crop double-breasted jacket on sale at Anthropologie from $128 to $39. Still, a fortune for me. You can buy it on sale online, fyi, right here. They run large. I'm wearing the size 10 and it fits really comfortably, even a bit big.
  • Rocket Dog black suede maryjane wedges with a sweet bow $0 (onaccountof age)
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • Bracelets and a belt? My desire for more is always a little crazytown.
  • I couldn't figure out how to button this jacket. Top button? It kind of just hangs there. I think that next time I wear this, I'll wear a pencil skirt and plain tshirt that is hidden cuz I'll button the jacket. And maybe a scarf around the neck. And then we can play another round of who wore it best, me or me. Because that is so much fun.
Total outfit cost: $66

***********************************
30 SKIRTS HATH SEPTEMBER | SKIRT THE 1ST | A LINE SKIRT

No comments:

Post a Comment