Thursday, September 8, 2011

Practically perfect

I KNOW. This outfit is practically perfect! A little matchy, though, no?

Sometimes I have shitty clothes days in which not one picture isn't mortifying. And then today, voila, an extra lucky day. Every photo was perfectly satisfactory to me. And if you've lived for awhile with every picture of yourself shocking and a little sickening to you, you know what a freaking damn gift that is.

Thrifted:
  • Sixties Smith's (Made in Italy) sweater jacket cardigan thing $6
  • Olive-ish scoop neck tshirt $4
  • Talbots white full skirt with black embroidered circles $6
  • Patent leather wide belt $2
  • White bead clip ons $1
  • White bead bracelet $2
  • White bead necklace $3
  • M necklace $4
Not thrifted:
  • Rocket Dog black suede maryjane wedges with a sweet bow $0 (onaccountof age)
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • Well, nothing. I mean, it's all a bit matchy-matchy for me...but, I did feel like a put-together-grown-up-lady and that is not a bad thing.
  • Also, good gawd, what the hell am I learning? I can wear full skirts? If I tuck in the shirt and belt it? I still feel like I don't quite have my own personal rules down yet. I will have to analyze the data someday and figure this out.
Total outfit cost: $28

***********************************
30 SKIRTS HATH SEPTEMBER | SKIRT THE 8TH | FULL SKIRT

PS: What is going on with the hairs you're wondering? Why that is a side ponytail, with some added twisty parts up top acting as a headband. You may click the picture for embiggening.

PPS: I do have newish colors in my dreadlocks. Yes. That is correct.

PPPS: More importantly, how are you feeling about my new color for bangs - yellowish greenish kinda like the shirt I'm wearing today?

PPPPS: Don't worry, even if you hate that color for bangs, I will probably do it anyway. However, I am still considering other colors if you have an idea.

PPPPPS: Seriously, don't fret! Bangs grow out fast! Too fast for me, truly.


6 comments:

  1. Lovely as always. This one was sad too though, the comment about thinking pics of yourself were sickening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is flawless. And I love those good pic days. I hate the ones where you can't take a good picture if your life depended on it. I especially like the M necklace with the other necklace. It keeps your outfits as sassy as you are.

    JDo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matchy? Madeline, I wore a red t-shirt, black skirt and red flip flops yesterday; today I wore a green t-shirt, black pants and green flip-flops. You are NOT matchy.
    I love the bang color idea. I never worry about what I do with my hair--hair grows. Can't wait to see them after they're died.
    --Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite outfits so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey thanks you guys! And k8, don't worry! I just thought the photo was bad as in, "wow, what? blech, that's a bad photo." NOT, "wow, what? I am ugly and sickening." My ego is unfortunately or fortunately too healthy for that...

    ReplyDelete