Wednesday, September 21, 2011

It still smells like summer here in DC

And I like it. The cricket (or whatever the fuck makes that noise) sound is loud, it just summer rained and has the humidity factor but not bad like real summer, and I can smell the grassy grass. No fireflies, which makes me sad, but still. Summer smell.

Today was long, and I have had 5 glasses of wine over about 7 hours. Also, six wonderful oysters and a salad the size of my fist. Now, food the size of your fist sounds like a lot when you're talking about cake or butter. But salad? No. That is not a lot of salad. I am exhausted and a little bitty bit starving. But, I loved today and the clients and colleagues with whom I met and that exhaustion is the lucky kind - well earned after a day of hard work. All I ever wanted was to go to bed tired every day, and today I am for sure. But not before I blawged!

Thrifted:
  • Mustard Liz & Co short cardigan with rad big collar $6
  • Floral western style shirt $4
  • A & W tshirt $4
  • J Crew blue pencil skirt with spanks-revealing-slit $4
  • Orange-rusty cowboy boots $10
  • Pretty mother of pearl flower clip ons $2
  • Bangles $3
Not thrifted: nothing!

What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo: Hey! Nothing! I think!

***********************************
30 SKIRTS HATH SEPTEMBER | SKIRT THE 21ST | PENCIL SKIRT

3 comments:

  1. I agree, this outfit is awesome. And yummy oysters. Now I want oysters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No oysters for me.. yuck! more for everyone else. As always you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that shortish cardigan and straightish skirt combo really works on you.

    ReplyDelete