Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I fucking hate traveling

I love seeing my clients and colleagues and am always glad to be there. But I hate the part where I am away from my mister, my dogs, my goats, my home, my office, and my...hmmm. My clothes. Yes, I even miss my clothes.

I wasn't on a plane with internets today or I would have posted this earlier. When the eff are all planes going to have internet? I am impatient for that future. It's sort of unbelievable to me that when I started traveling for bizness ten years ago, I barely had a cell phone. I still remember landing somewhere and needing to race to my hotel to get situated and check email. Oh the stress. Getting my treo - with email - changed my life! For the better! The minute you landed, you got email and could deal with the crises. I swear it reduced my stress ten million percent. And now I need internets all the time? Yes. It just makes it all so much easier to stay caught up. Some people don't dig that, but damn I sure do.

Today I was sitting next to a woman who was eating some sort of cracker tube type product stuffed with fake cheese and a sour gummy candy. And she was reading People magazine, and took quite some time to do the crossword puzzle in her magazine (did you know there were crossword puzzles in People? I did not). And then...she pulled out a sudoku book and I watched her read the instructions and scribble a bit on the first puzzle and then go back to the instructions and so on and so forth. And then she gave up. The whole time I thought, wow, I would never have (a) purchased those snacks, (b) publicly read people magazine and (b) let sudoku stump me. In the midst of my superiority complex, I switched it up and realized she was completely bold and didn't give a fuck what anyone thought about her. Hell to the yeah!

So, travel clothes...thrifted:
  • Black cotton full skirt $6
  • Gray gap tshirt $4
  • Bolero! $7
  • Orangeish/rusty cowboy boots $10 (which I saw a woman buying at the goodwill and then she grabbed them and put them back on the shelf and I immediately grabbed them for me and that is the very embodiment of a Thrift Store SCORE!)
  • Super nifty western style belt with silver embellishments $4 (not the smartest belt to wear when going through security)
Not thrifted: nothing!

What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • Perfectly comfortable for travel! All cottony and loose and stuff.
  • But that skirt is too long. I hate the long skirt with boots look and there I am sporting it.
  • I wore no accessories because of, y'know, the travelling.
Total outfit cost: $31

***********************************
30 SKIRTS HATH SEPTEMBER | SKIRT THE 20TH | FULL LONGISH SKIRT




2 comments:

  1. I was digging your post until you mentioned fake cheese. Then I gagged. Anyway, your mister, dogs, and goats will be so happy to see you.
    --Sue
    P.S. I hear you on People magazine--I only read it at the hairdressers and the nail shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe how much traveling you do... It's a good thing I do not run my own company cause I am practically allergic to travel. And I hope the flying internets spread quickly, for your sake.

    ReplyDelete