Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I am size America!

Oh, yeah, that's not exactly a good thing. Or a bad thing. Just a thing. And the thing is this: when I thrift...almost everything that I like fits me, more or less. Because I am Size America! The size that everyone is! Oh, occasionally I find a skirt that I covet but it will not zip. I give those to Allison. And I do have a couple cardigans that are darling but just too roomy. That's it.

All day today, I felt like this outfit was wrong. I had this idea that I was gonna go home, take the photo, and then improve the outfit with heels and maybe a different cardigan. And maybe a belt. But, as it turns out, ha ha ha ha haha. I'm going to go home and improve an outfit? Ha ha haha haha. Riiiiiight. That's gonna happen.

I DID manage to get a handle on the crazy clothes cyclone and cull out five - count 'em, FIVE - outfits for the next few days. Shut up. It's harder than you think. Decisions, decisions.

Okay, today. Thrifted:
  • Esprit lambswool collared cardigan $7
  • Yellow, brown, ivory nylon paisley top $5
  • Browns, ivory tweed a-line skirt with flared hem $6
  • Brown mid-calf Dingo boots $20
  • Pearly dangly clipons $2
  • Dear vintage yellow handbag $10
  • Ladies gold scarf for a headband $1
Not thrifted: Nothing. Again.

What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • Well, see above...but, a different cardigan and maybe some heels.
Total outfit cost: $51

***********************************
30 SKIRTS HATH SEPTEMBER | SKIRT THE 7TH | FLARED HEM A-LINE SKIRT

P.S. I am thinking of dying my bangs some rad color. I used to bleach them blonde. Now I'm thinking maybe lime green. Pink. Or maybe a whacky yellow/citroen color (my favorite!).

P.P.S. My man Scout has an eminently scratchable chin. Do not be distracted by garbage piles in background.


2 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, outfits . . . but Scout! Eeee, too cute!
    --Sue

    ReplyDelete