Sunday, September 4, 2011

Have I mentioned that I live in a trailer?

Well, I only live in a trailer about half time. When I'm at our inn, y'know. I spend most of my non-inn-working time trying to clear a workspace. Then messing it up and trying to clear a workspace again. The constant re-organizing...makes me weary.

Anyway, so now I have two houses - home and my trailer at the inn - and still no closet in either.

Where do I keep all the damn clothes then? Well, I *did* pretty much start from scratch - all new (old) clothes after losing weight. So my round store-style rack at home was empty. And I have some drawers too. At the inn - only drawers. I keep all the clothes: on my rack at home, in my staging area for outfits in process (a cheap single rack), drawers, stacked on top of drawers, in my inn drawers, in my suitcases, and in my car. I know. I KNOW. The good news is that I'm constantly culling shit out that (thank you blawg) I know looks not so pretty on me. But I have no idea how this all works in the long run.

Thrifted:
  • Silx black short cardigan with pearl buttons $7
  • Lands End green and white striped turtleneck $5
  • Totally wild graphic multi-color straight nylon skirt (no label) $6
  • Chunky black boots $10
  • Gigantic peace sign necklace $2
  • Green jewel-y clipons $2
  • Gold silk scarf headband $1
Not thrifted: Nothing!

What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • The skirt is big and it kind of kept falling down. It reminded me of this one time when I was hailing a cab and my pants fell down in front of all my co-workers. And I didn't know it until someone said, Hey Lady Cardigan, are those your pants around your ankles? I did have some bike shorts on underneath, but still. Pretty. Anyway, I should take this skirt in.
  • I like this short cardi, but I might try a different one.
Total outfit cost: $33

***********************************
30 SKIRTS HATH SEPTEMBER | SKIRT THE 4TH | STRAIGHTISH LONGISH NYLON SKIRT

5 comments:

  1. That was a fun day. I bet the people at Noah's thought so too! - LY

    ReplyDelete
  2. A round store-style rack. And what a rack it is! Rack rack rack. Rack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous: The stupid part is that is the second time that happened.

    Sally: You are twelve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. C'mon, Mad, that's an insult to 12-year-olds. I'm 11.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm liking the short long juxtaposition. Yes I am!

    ReplyDelete