Monday, September 19, 2011

Dudes, my outfit matches my hair. I KNOW.

The lameness of this can't be overstated. And you can't see it in the photo, really, cuz my inability to capture my hair in the photo remains intact. The problem is that the outfit was already Overly Matched. Aka, matchy-matchy.

I feel that I can be forgiven for this matchtastrophe, though, because I only very recently adopted the lime green and red dread look with my "normal" brown dreadlocks. I wasn't paying attention to the fact that I put together a brown, red, lime green, yellow, and white outfit today. It wasn't until I went to the ladies and looked in the mirror and laughed out loud.

The good news is that it cracked me up all the damn day. I took matching to the extreme, man. What's that my pal Allison says - "theme to the extreme?" Yeah. Uh-huh. Nailed it!

Thrifted:
  • Really lovely sheer brown cotton shirt with embroidered flowers on the bodice and sleeves. Lots of very nice details in the buttons and button holes etc. $5
  • Vintage yellow Bleyle polyester pencil skirt $4
  • White tank tshirt $2
  • Brown wide fake leather belt $2
  • Nine West strappy heels $6
  • Big fat red beads $3
  • White dangly clip-ons $2
Not thrifted: Nothing!

What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • I would paint my fingernails red, add some yellow bangles, a lime green headband, and maybe a red purse and then, just maybe, I would own this freaking look. Yes? Yes.
  • Ha ha ha haaa ha ha.
  • I used to wear shirts over t-shirts all the time (instead of a cardigan, y'know). And I'm not that into it anymore.
Total outfit cost: $24

***********************************
30 SKIRTS HATH SEPTEMBER | SKIRT THE 19TH | PENCIL SKIRT

PS. I restarted Medifast today. I've been in maintenance mode for the better part of the last few months and have settled into a zone that is roughly 2 to 6 pounds away from goal. I want to reach my goal, get under and then waver UNDER goal for a few months. Also forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment