Tuesday, September 6, 2011

back

Okay, yesterday was a low point in the land of Cardiganza. But, I imagine that not every day can be thrift gold and weight loss nirvana.

The truth is that maintenance is a fucking pain in the ass. I still haven't achieved actual goal (102 pounds lost). I have been within 1.5 pounds and 6 pounds away for about three months. Up and down; I guess that's normal. When I'm 6 pounds away, I feel like a fat failure. When I'm 1.5 pounds away I think I'm genius. Hold strong! Almost there!

But no. I never get there and mostly just want a bowl of macaroni and cheese. Bah.

Hey there, buck up pony boy! The good news is that I freakin' hang out in the vicinity of goal, right? And I have that Hunger Challenge coming up next week, maybe that will tip the scales in my favor!

The additional truth is that the reality of maintaining my weight loss means eating well more or less for the rest of my life. It isn't the end of the world. But some days are easier than others.

(I hate talking about all of this because, a)I hate admitting that I am weak and b)dieting is boring. Sorry.)

Thrifted:
  • Gentle Fawn pale blue jacket $9
  • Pinkish tshirt $3
  • Pinks/blues/white bandanna like skirt $7
  • Rad denim and fake cork 5 inch platforms $7 (I didn't even fall off my shoes once!)
  • Blue suede belt $2
  • Blue bandanna headband $1
  • White bead clip ons $1
Not thrifted: Nothing!

What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • Two words: neck.lace.
  • Otherwise, this was a girly summery outfit for another Northern California indian summer day. Warm in the day, cool in the night.
Total outfit cost: $30

***********************************
30 SKIRTS HATH SEPTEMBER | SKIRT THE 6TH | SHORT FULL BANDANNA SKIRT

9 comments:

  1. Madeline, you never, ever fail to amaze and delight me. And you're beautiful, inside and out.
    --Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. No necklace. It would distract from your lovely face. Don't change a hair for me...not if you care for me. Really, this is a winner.

    Loves ya,

    JDo

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK....your spam filter just asked me to type "sperm" to prove I wasn't spamming.

    Are you fucking around with me, Madeline?

    JDo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to "like" the previous comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey. Pipe down. This ain't no freakin' facebook. And yes, J Do, I did choose that captcha word for you. YOU'RE WELCOME.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like everything about this getup: the skirt length, the boss shoes, the sweet cardigan and the variety of fabric colors, weights and textures. I think a choker would look sublime with this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS my captcha word was "stism" which sounds vaguely dirty. What's the deal?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dang, I don't set the captchas. They are a mystery!

    ReplyDelete