Thursday, September 15, 2011

Another honey of a knit by Tony Bertram

That is what the tag says on my cardigan today. For real. "Another honey of a knit by Tony Bertram." Sweet.

Today was day four of the Hunger Challenge...and by now, basically, no problem. Coffee/medifast for breakfast, practically nothing for lunch, and chicken, green beans (from a can), and tomatoes for dinner. Probably helped that I was really busy and running around today.

As for the clothes - gawd, I'm from the 80s. I love combat boots with a fancy skirt. Umm, madonnaish. Ha.

Thrifted:
  • Tepemeesure gold/silver full skirt $4
  • Another honey of a knit by Tony Bertram short sleeved cardigan with rhinestone buttons and pretty little peter pan collar (see below) $7
  • Square neck white tshirt $3
  • M necklace $4
  • A necklace $2
  • Peace necklace $2
  • Vibram lace up combat boots $24
  • Pearl clip ons $2
Not thrifted: Nothing!

What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • I was definitely comfortable, comfortable, comfortable in this outfit. But...a full skirt is not so flattering on me. I don't know if I care, actually.
Total outfit cost: $48

***********************************
30 SKIRTS HATH SEPTEMBER | SKIRT THE 15TH | FULL SKIRT

PS - here's the dear collar on that cardigan...

5 comments:

  1. This outfit is great. You kill in it. Change nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe--and I say maybe--you didn't USED to look good in full skirts. So NOT true now. I have spoken.
    --Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking that the full skirt made your waist look small. I was. Not sure what you don't dig about it.

    Also, as you know, I wore motorcycle boots and a fancy skirt to my wedding. This is a look I will *never* tire of. Juxtaposition is always fun and small shoes are beat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. Superhero: Oh duh! Of course I am copying your most classic look! You wrote the book on this look and still wear it the very most best.

    And to everyone else: I chose the most (ONLY) flattering photo. But who knows, maybe I am stupid. Input duly noted and appreciated!

    ReplyDelete