Tuesday, August 9, 2011

It's my birthday!

I am not wearing a very special cardigan or anything (although I recently did score a turquoise beaded twin set that I swear is straight outta viva las vegas). But I am wearing a version of Clothes In Which I Feel Most Me. Boots, not matching (at all), and a mix of ladytimes and slightly punk rock (in my feeble eyes).

Thrifted:
  • Oversized man's green and blue plaid blazer with orange lining $10
  • Navy blue Golden State (cuz I'm a native y'know) $4
  • Brown and ivory tweed straight skirt $5
  • Beat up old brown cowboy boots $10 (I know. I seriously own 20 pairs of old boots but I can't seem to remove this from the stems. What up?)
  • Brown clip ons $1
Not thrifted:
  • Horse belt $26
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • I felt cuter than it looks. I swear I'm not fishing. But so what? I am happy. I am also fortyfuckingsix years old. What? What? I know. But...at this age, I can probably even wear a getup like this to a business meeting. I just might. Some old ladies wear purple; I wear this. The end.
Total outfit cost: $56

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday. Might be an interesting feature for MLiC to feature people trying to dress like you. I couldn't pull that outfit off when i was 26. Maybe it will be easier at 56!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re-nee! I'm dying to feature other people! Like YOU! For realz. And, btw, I'm pretty sure that this isn't an outfit that anyone wants to pull off unless they're, like, going to the car wash. Or mucking out the stable. Besides, what IS pulling an outfit off anyway?? I think it's just wearing what your skin likes. And you always seem quite put together to me. AKA, pulling. it. off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday! You are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete