Monday, August 8, 2011

Gypsy bohippian

Yeah? Are you getting that too? Eyelet tunic, shiny jeans, boots with heels, bandana, silver jewelry...gypsy bohippian. This outfit makes me (more) able to tell your fortune, discuss the moon, and can up some sort of fruit from the farmer's market. Yep.

Also, note that I opened a can of sassy, evidenced by the hand on the hip. I've been watching a teeny bit of ANTM and Tyra doesn't like it when your film is boring. Hence the all-new pose.

Thrifted:
  • Sheer white eyelet tunic with red stitching $4
  • White tank t-shirt $3
  • Shiny long jeans $7
  • Chunky black boots $10
  • Blue plastic clip-ons $2
  • Vintage bandanna $1
Not thrifted:
  • Modcloth Deer clocket $25
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • So here's a thing. I fought the urge to put on a cardigan all freakin' day. It's actually freezing here and I did put on my awesome Fifty Cent Fake Fur when I was traipsing around outside. But even inside. By myself. I felt weird and kind of naked. Is this because when I was fat(ter) I was uncomfortable without a safe layer of clothing covering things up? Is this some sort of kooky fat thing or is it that I am just a person who likes layers? Or does this outfit want a shrug or something? I don't actually know. These are the big questions, people. Nail this and we can move on to solving the debt crisis. OH YEAH. Congress already did that. Nail this and we can NAP.
Total outfit cost: $52

PS. We here at MLIC World Headquarters will be making an important announcement soon. We have some hijinks up our cardigan sleeve, and let me tell you, it's going to be quite - QUITE - exciting. Stay tuned, kids.

1 comment:

  1. In answer to the Questions: the outfit doesn't need a cardigan. IMO.

    ReplyDelete