Thursday, August 18, 2011

FML! Fancy Mrs. Lady!

I should be writing this from the north coast at the inn. But no. Effing freaking no. There was a problem with a key. To my car. So, that. Sigh. I will go tomorrow morning. FML.

Luckily, FML also stands for Fancy Mrs. Lady, which is this outfit. Right? Capris, you guys! Capris! But I am not wearing them with flip flop sandals and, I don't know, a pastel shell or something. Hey, I was trying a thing! I try things!

I sort of was going for kind of that fashion lady in that movie Funny Face. The one who has the task of turning Audrey Hepburn into a model. Okay, so I don't have that tall thin thing. But the polyester pointy collar jacket! Mustard in the top area! Are ya feeling it?

Thrifted:
  • Reddish/orangish/pinkish polyester jacket $9
  • Harlene golden polyester sleeveless mock turtleneck $2
  • Black cotton pants with little frenchy scenes on them $5
  • White beaded bracelet $1
  • White dangly beaded earrings $1
  • Hot pink scarf headband $1
Not thrifted:
  • Black maryjane wedges with a bow $17
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • This outfit cracked me up all day. I definitely felt suburban in it. Can't say as this is a look I'd want to repeat. But it was kind of fun.
  • Also, how hard was it not to wear this with a white tshirt? OBVY MUCH. That's why I went with MUSTARD.
  • Belt? No?
Total outfit cost: $36


No comments:

Post a Comment