Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A delicious pasta alfredo recipe. Also, a cute skirt.

This is not a food or recipe blawg, as you know. However, yesterday I made a delicious diety alfredo-like dish and thought that you, dear reader, may enjoy it. It goes like this:

Ingredients:
I made this in the office with a toaster oven and a microwave, fyi. Roast the broccoli with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. (This part is important. Roasty flavor is much better than microwavy flavor). Rinse the hell out of those noodles and microwave them til they're dry-er. Toss the broccoli, the cheese, and the splash of nf milk in with the noodles. Microwave them in one minute spurts, stirring between each spurt, until they are delicious. Add more s and p to taste. Scarf up. Yum.

PS. I didn't make this recipe up. Someone else invented it, I just keep tweaking it.

************
In other news, how about the extreme cuteness of this skirt? So, so, so, cute. Scored during a skirt-a-thon at the goodwill a few weeks ago in which every - single -skirt was epic. So much so that I have declared September to be a very special edition of MLIC called "30 Skirts Hath September" in which I wear a new (to this here blawg) (thrifted, duh) skirt every day. This was my big news to which I alluded in a recent post. I KNOW. Seriously Big News, right?

Anywho, also with this skirt is one half of my excellent viva las vegas twin set score. That sweater over there has a mate (the shirt part) but I didn't wear them together cuz, y'know, matchy.

Thrifted:
  • Lime green lined gorgeous embroidered skirt $7
  • White tshirt $4
  • Black cropped turquoise beaded/rhinestoned cardigan $5
  • Black patent leather wide belt $2
  • Laredo black man boots $10
  • Silver clip ons $1
Not thrifted: Nope. All thrifted. Wheeeee.

What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • Does this work? I mean I think it does, hence the wearing of it...but the sweater and the skirt are very very diff styles. And, black with all those summer colors? Huh? I was picking up the turquoise embroidery with the sweater choice. Typical choice would be, like, the white t-shirt with a cottonish pinkish cardi and some sort of lady shoe, right? But I am absolutely incapable of doing that. Absolutely. Incapable. My eye only likes the juxtaposition of stuff.
Total outfit cost: $29

PS: Click on the photo to biggify it and see just how freaking awesome that sweater is.

1 comment:

  1. Where are you finding all of these amazing pieces? I thrift constantly and I don't see this much good stuff in a year. Maybe you just have sharp eyes?

    YES, workee workee! This outfit works like crazy. I think the black is just what you need to cut the sweetness of the darling pretty skirt. Otherwise you'd feel too fancy.

    ReplyDelete