Saturday, July 2, 2011

When the thrift fairies smile on you...

...you find a sweater like this one. Swoonie McSigh. Lined. Thick, abundant embroidery. Wool. Great condition. $5.

When I find something like this, I almost run up to the register to buy it Right Now, before anyone sees it and realizes what a treasure it is and wants to charge me real money. I swear, I find one good thing about once a week. But I don't find everything. Last week, a woman in front of me in line at the goodwill scored a pair chinese red satin embroidered boots and some sailor pants that I would have killed for. All I could think was "if only I'd arrived an hour earlier..."

So yeah, that sweater! Sweet, right? See the close up down there below the rest of the post.

Thrifted:
  • Black wool embroidered sweater $5
  • White tshirt $2
  • Patent black belt $2
  • INC black skirt with lime green ribbon stripes (this skirt has been hanging on the Challenge Rack for a month - the challenge rack is where I put items I'd like to figure out) $6
  • Vibram laceup boots $24
  • Blue plastic clip ons $2
Not thrifted: Nothing! Yay me!

What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • I was wearing pink socks but you couldn't see 'em. I'd wear knee-highs with this.
  • Not sure about the belt. Hmmm.
Total outfit cost: $41



No comments:

Post a Comment