Monday, July 11, 2011

Travel duds

When I travel for fun, I go old style with a special outfit and all that like a lady in the 40s. But, not so much when I'm traveling for work to a destination described most affectionately this week as a swamp. Ahem. Also, blech.

Anyway. Layers. Comfortable but not entirely without style. Still, no jewelry, no laceup boots, no nothing. And that is why I get to take the fucking fast lane in security, people. Because I KNOW how to DO it.

In other news, Geena Davis was on my plane. She is tall, normal-sized, and looks good. But I avoided gaping.

Thrifted:
  • Mudd chunky heel black boots $10
  • Elevenses cotton green/yellow flowered skirt (humorously sized 6 ha ha ha ha) $4
  • Man's oversized tux shirt $4
Not thrifted:
  • Elvis Costello tour tshirt $30
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • Not one freaking thing. Perfect travel outfit. Also, rock n roll.
  • Oh, well, yeah, maybe I would try to take a photo that included my face. ha ha. Different venue and I don't know where to sit the camera. I'll bet my colleague Brian will really dig being the photographer for the next two days. ha ha, again.
Total outfit cost: $48

P.S. Traveling while not as fat as I used to be is...well, awesome. It's a little embarrassing to admit that. I've traveled a lot for work these past five or ten years, so I got really used to being on planes. Thankfully, I never had to do the whole seatbelt extender thing and I tried very hard to be respectful of seat mates and squish myself into as small a human as I could and still still knowing that the person sitting next to me would be inclined to be irritated by me blah blah blah. While I can't say that I was comfortable, I didn't think I was uncomfortable either. But now? Besides buying clothes, it is probably the place where I notice the weight loss the most. The seat - it fits me now. I'm totally comfortable, even if I'm in the middle of the back row. Which, by the way, is where I will be sitting on my return flight home on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment