Saturday, July 16, 2011

Spanx

So yeah. Look at that picture and you'll note that what you see right there in the knee department is some sort of black bike short situation but is actually the tip of the spanx. Because I wear spanx often and much and I think it's silly to keep it a secret.

I don't think spanx and that type of thing do anything other than smooth it all out. It seems to me that back in the day the precursor to spanx was more girdle-ish. This ain't no girdle, yay. Just smoothing out the lumps (those that aren't supposed to be there of course). Comfortable and delightful.

Thrifted:
  • INC black cashmere tie-in-the-middle shrug (LOVE THIS) $4
  • Tee Fury tan t-shirt with lizard illustration $3
  • J.P. & Mattie black pleated skirt $4
  • Black laceup combat boots $15
  • Clipons $1
Not thrifted:
  • Leopard tights $0
  • Socks $0
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • I forgot more jewelry. But maybe I didn't need it!
  • I feel so in my skin in this kind of getup. I still can't get over that. A tshirt and a shrug. (Hey is that really a shrug? I don't know these things.)
Total outfit cost: $24

1 comment: