Tuesday, July 26, 2011

S T Y L E

The other day, a friend said something to the effect of "so now you're a fashion blogger." Ha ha ha haha haha. Babies, this here blawg is about S T Y L E. Nothing but.

Fuck fashion, who cares about that. I am a style whore/snob/sucker. I scan the room for style (and power. But I think the stylish people often have the most power. Over me at least!). It's style that makes me swoon. Style, for me, could be your rad rings (I have a co-worker who wears the RADDEST rings and she is stylish beyond stylish in my book). It could be your trademark silver chunky jewelry. It could be your keen hairdo (HI!). Or it could be the whack-a-doo passion in your voice. It's anything. It's...something. And absence of style makes me *miss* you. Overlook you. That's embarrassing to admit because it's usually stupid. Also wrong. Some of the best people I know are not the teeniest bit stylish. So there's that.

Style has nothing to do with weight, y'know. Even when I weighed nearly 100 pounds more than I do now, I always - ALWAYS - felt stylish. Not pretty, maybe. Not HAWT. But, again, fuck that shit. I always felt like I wore my skin happily and well and that you wouldn't probably mix me up with anyone else. Still do. Lucky.

Speaking of style, thrifted:
  • White beaded cardigan $7
  • Red/white flowers homemade skirt (thrifted, but still clearly sewn by a person - thank you stranger!) $4
  • Black patent leather wide belt $2
  • Ecco patent leather t-strap oxford heels $7
  • Bone flower clipons $3
  • Sheer scarf headband $1
Not thrifted:
  • Black/ivory floral crepe blouse $0 (super old)
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • The sweater was okay...but bulkyish and not perfect. I think I should have worn a cardi that didn't have that band at the bottom. A little swingier. The outfit didn't really need a sweater but it was freaking cold today. I KNOW. What can I say east coasters? It's cool here.
  • I don't know if I needed that belt. Maybe better without.
Total outfit cost: $24

P.S. Yeah, this is one more Alice-picked-getup.

No comments:

Post a Comment