Friday, July 29, 2011

Rose's turn

Top Five Reasons Why I Dig This Get-up:
  1. I kind of look like a gypsy! And gypsies are cool and funky and a teensy bit in costume all the time (which, really, is pretty much all I ever aim for)
  2. Pattern + pattern = WIN. I started with the skirt and do you know how many times I reached for a "matching" shirt? It's irresistible but ultimately...boring. To me at least.
  3. I'm wearing a FLOWER in my hair! Like a character in a book. Humorously, though, this flower was backed with velcro and I have now learned a rather painful lesson about how velcro adheres quite rigorously to dreadlocks. Ouch.
  4. I kind of look french! And frenchies are cool and funky and a teensy bit in costume...etc.
  5. The skirt is size four. HA HA HA HA. Actually, it's offensive. I mean WTF? I wear size 12 or maybe 10 for reals most of the time and I have no problem with that. Does the maker of this skirt disrespect me so much that they think I need to be lied to and have my ego massaged in order to buy and wear this skirt? Please. Irritating.
Thrifted:
  • Merona cornflower blue, coral, yellow, and putty stiff-ish cotton skirt $7
  • Chaps/Ralph Lauren black and white striped cotton/nylon shirt $4
  • Cotton/nylon black cardigan $4
  • Black lace-up combat boots $15
  • Black scarf with orange satin flower $1
  • Blue/off white plastic clip-ons $1
Not thrifted: N-O-T-H-I-N-G !

What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • I need a new bra. The End.
Total outfit cost: $32

PS: You can always click the photo (and then click it again) to see it real close up, and then really real close-up. IF YOU MUST!

1 comment:

  1. when I lost some weight it was not only in the misunderstood doughnut region but also the ladies.
    The ta-ta's were suddenly swimming in my bras. Perhaps you should treat yourself to a professional fitting!

    ReplyDelete