Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Knee socks! Really crazy high shoes!

Okay, so I set out to do this new thing. Knee socks with high heels. I felt 187% self-conscious all the damn day. I mean, I am a Grown Up Lady with a Real Job and I'm wearing gold knee socks with high heels and a skirt. Huh.

But then I took this picture, and I ask: did you notice the knee socks? No. You did not. You noticed that dear gawd I need a belt or some sort of adjusting in the top areas. Right?

It is entirely possible that just a couple months into this experiment I am overthinking things. I don't know.

Thrifted:
  • Cabi lined, pleated black, white, tan skirt $4
  • Apostrophe tan cotton ruffled tshirt $4
  • Dick & Jayne sequined cardigan $7
  • Nina Dolls extra high and extra cute shoes $5 (check out the picture below - they are so so so sweet but rather uncomfortable. in fact I believe I heard myself say today that I had to take them off halfway to the liquor store.)
  • Gold costume jewelry set (necklace and clipons) $2
Not thrifted:
  • Gold knee socks $0
  • Black scarf $0
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • Oh my fucking gawd please get me a belt toot sweet.
  • Now that I have that out of my system, what about those knee socks? I'm thinking they're fine but no big either way, no?
Total outfit cost: $22

PS: Yeah these shoes are rad - mine are black, though. And yes the satin ribbony shoelaces are the best part:

4 comments:

  1. i really hate the knee sox. I'd vote tights maybe but the sox look like you are trying too hard. maybe i'm just old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee. I am trying. Really hard! So...I guess it's authentic!

    PS: YOU ARE NOT OLD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is my trip and my irrational fear of elastic but I hate knee socks IN GENERAL. Somehow to me they always look like they're biting. And that really freaks me out (I know, I'm a Weird Doe). I used to work with a woman who sometimes wore a tightish rubber band around her wrist and it disturbed me so much I'd start sweating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and those shoes knock me out. Full stop. I'm knocked out. $5 SCORE!

    ReplyDelete