Friday, July 15, 2011

I'm like a cake!

Lots of layers!

Trying something here with all kinds of things that I just kept putting on. Including, most importantly, a fake pearl thingy to hold my glasses. Today I spent twenty minutes looking for my damn glasses, so this is not a fashion statement but an unfortunately necessary symbol of my ancientness. Boo.

Not boo, though, is that I went to a thrift store the other day and in the $1 jewelry bin...clearly someone had unloaded their mom's costume jewelry in one fell swoop and I scored tons of clip-ons. Yay!

Thrifted:
  • Esprit lambswool collared cardigan $7
  • Woolrich old school lambs wool and nylon knit vest $4
  • Merona (!) pink t-shirt with rosettes $4
  • Talbot's faux denim blue straight skirt $4
  • Brown beat up cowboy boots $10
  • Old belt $2
  • Mess o pearls $5
  • Clip-on rose earrings $1
Not thrifted:
  • Knee socks! $0
  • ModCloth Paris clocket $20
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • I've always most admired outfits in department store windows in which the mannequin has a bunch of shirts and a sweater and a belt...basically, a lot going on. But...maybe I'm just already too much to layer? Y'know, I'm already pretty thick so a tshirt, a sweater vest, and a sweater may just be too many pounds for my already sturdy poundage. I tried belting n the outside and that was kinda worse.
Total outfit cost: $57

PS: Yes, you may click on the photo to see it all close and up. IF YOU EFFING MUST.


No comments:

Post a Comment