Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I am wearing a frog shirt

I am wearing a shirt with frogs on it today. That's the news I got for you. I KNOW. UNBELIEVABLY EXCITING.

I've had a whole lot of crazy times of late what with the vacation and then the work and then the holiday weekend with whole running of the inn business. The daily outfit thing got the short shrift. And there were some cute ones in there. I'll just have to wear 'em twice.

Today's clothings aren't much, but they got me through making dozens of homemade chocolates, breaking down a parade float, cleaning a hot tub, washing ten thousand dishes, a long drive home, and a quiet dinner of greens and wine. Not bad.

Thrifted:
  • BeCoolBeCoolBeCool black nylon skirt $4
  • St. John's mint green/dark green/taupe polyester crop top $4
  • Mudd chunky heel black boots $10
  • Pearly clipons 50 cents
Not thrifted:
  • Knee socks $0
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • Huh. It looks a bit too blocky. No waist. But maybe that's the photo.
  • I have no idea wtf I am doing in this photo. Looking at the audience while I play my invisible drums? Wiping my hands on my apron when my lawd I see the young mister coming up the road? I don't know. But hey, I shook things up for ya!
  • I am considering washing my hair at some point in this century if I could get five freaking minutes to myself. The bangs are on strike til then.
Total outfit cost: $18.50. But, yeah, calling this an "outfit" is a stretch.

3 comments:

  1. This one knocks me out. I love the simplicity. Sometimes it's OK to be boxy (keep 'em wondering). That frog top is BOSS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh. This is the part where I learn things. Cool!

    ReplyDelete