Friday, July 1, 2011

BREAKING NEWS: I don't think cowboy boots go with this outfit!

I know, right? But...when I was getting dressed I was wearing some short white socks and I thought I should just put on some flats or saddles or what have you. But, no. After several days sans boots, they found their way on to my feet and that was that.

Thrifted:
  • Gold silk cardigan with pretty sheer edging on the sleeves and bottom $6
  • Plain pale pink t-shirt $4
  • Lauren Paige a-line, polished (stiff) cotton floral skirt $6
  • Beat up old cowboy boots $10
  • Bangles $2
  • Big green clip ons 50 cents
Not thrifted:
  • Modcloth paris clocket $20
  • Knee socks $0
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • The shoe area. Saddle shoes, maybe.
  • The sweater is all stretched across the chestified area. It didn't feel tight, but it looks it. Maybe adjust it or something. I dunno.
Total outfit cost $49

2 comments:

  1. Don't know if you know this trick: put one shoe on one foot and the other on the other. Stand in front of the mirror (or in front of your husband but the mirror doesn't make a sarcastic remark) and pose standing first on your right leg hiding the left foot up behind... consider... now switch. Looking at both at the same time doesn't work, too confusing.

    Maybe this "trick" is painfully obvious but being inventionally challenged, I had to learn it in a movie and it has served me in good stead ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I have tried that. But I just don't trust my eyes! They want to like what they want to like! I mean, boots always look better to me because of deep and abiding boot love. Argh.

    ReplyDelete