Friday, June 10, 2011

Yeah, that's a bow. As in "bow and arrow."

Don't let the bow over there to the left of my head distract you from today's get up! Yes, I read The Hunger Games. Yes, I would like to be Katniss Everdeen. Until then, I will settle for being a thrifty ceo innkeeper.

Thrifted:
  • Black, grey, tan, cream plaid skirt $5
  • Banana Republic ivory t-shirt $2
  • Black silk cardigan with beaded neckline $7
  • Mudd chunky heel boots $10
  • Bracelets $2
  • Pearls n stuff $3
  • Vintage clip-ons $2
Not thrifted:
  • Oversized cream/brown ruffly shirt $0, old, never worn!
  • Black patent leather wide belt $5
  • Target black fishnets $7
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • Please allow me to bore you with this statement one more fucking time: I could use another color on this outfit. See my daring addition of a reddish bracelet? Like that.
  • Other than that, fine! I realllllllly like the short tight sweater with the long and busy blouse. If I'd put a long/bigger cardigan there, I think it would have been too lumpy and big which I saw happen in other outfits. Whoa. I feel like I'm learning things from this blog/the photos/the comments just like I hoped I would! Thank you!
Total outfit cost: $43

2 comments:

  1. You always look great and have the best outfits. Make it work girl! ( I wonder if your closet is bigger than my house?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily! Yer nice! And dude, I don't even HAVE a closet. But I have basically made the mister's and my bedroom into a giant closet. Yeah, it's really pleasant for him. Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete