Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Vacation

I'm on a little mini-vacation. I am dressing like a lady on vacation. Leisure wear. Comfortable in invisible fire weather outside, but not chattering my teeth inside the giant hotel refrigerator.

I'm off my normally AWESOME photo-taking game and somehow could only take a photograph sitting down. Bah.

Thrifted:
  • Black/white/red polka dot shirt $4
  • Ivory linen slacks $7
  • Silver chain belt $2
Not thrifted:
  • Black maryjane wedges with a bow on them $17
  • What Time Is It Deer Watch Necklace, Modcloth, $25
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • You know, I felt super comfortable in this get up, but also like I was put together.
  • It looks fine here. But, for sure, I am a lady with hips and breasteses and a belly. And when you wear clothes that fit (and not too many of them), that shows. I live in a climate where layers are necessary, so being here on vacation where layers are like blankets in hell, it's sort of impossible not to just get okay with a minimum of clothes. Which is weird for me and challenging in a little tiny unimportant in the scheme of the world way. Since I just don't think I'm gonna lose much more weight, I'm making my peace with all my round parts. Part of that peace is not trying to disguise the bumpy bits (which I think do without thinking in cooler weather). Blah blah blah. The End.
Total outfit cost $45

P.S. Stay tuned for tomorrow in which I wear a summery sleeveless dress. BOLD. AGAIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment