Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Now starring Cotton!

My colleague Heather likes this whole getup best this week, so far. But that's cuz she ain't yet seen tomorrow.

My girl Cotton insisted on getting in on the action today. She is way prettier, way sweeter, and way skinnier than me but if you can tear your eyeballs away from her loveliness, here's what's going on...

Thrifted:
  • Beige cross-hatch pattern cardigan $4
  • Harlene golden polyester sleeveless mock turtleneck $3
  • Brown polyester a-line skirt $6
  • Vintage Crearione Serica Lariana horse and chariot silk scarf $2
  • Orangey-brown wide woven belt $2
  • Plastic and bakelite bangles $5
Not thrifted:
  • Bad-ass vaguely gladiator-ish (which I HATE usually) platform laceup sandals. They have a silly zipper on the heel. I got them on super sale at Anthropologie for $29.
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • I love the colors, but something isn't right. Maybe the sweater is hiding the outfit too much? Maybe the scarf is too much?
Total outfit cost: $51

P.S. The second appearance of the now world-famous dreadlock side bun. Or, as Heather called it, the partial-leia.

3 comments:

  1. Love how the lighting accents your color palette -- very Sartorialist of you. Also, Cotton matches!

    Maybe a shrug next time? Scarf is a must for obvious horse-related reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit! How about belting over the cardigan? I think more of the orangey-brown color would help to tie the color-blocking together.

    P.S. Excited to discover your blog and congrats on getting so close to your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather B! Cotton matches everything. She is the Perfect Accessory!

    Buffalo D! I LOVE belting over cardigans, but I'm a little shy about doing it. I will soon, thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete