Monday, June 13, 2011

My, you know, "influences."

Some people start a blawg because they know something, and then there are people like ME who don't and sort of just do it for, well, other reasons. I don't know a fucking thing about fashion. I am so shameless that I am learning very very publicly and am happy to say as much. I learn more when I just say hey wtf?

One person that I say wtf to is my friend Alice. She is so beautiful, so stylish, so very right on when it comes to color and shape and detail and what suits a body. I wish I could see through her eyes. She lets me in, a little, when she comes over and looks at my clothes and picks out my outfits. It's just so not stuff I've ever thought about and her odd observations and precise selections rock. I'm going to start a new thing called, "YOUR life in cardigans," and she is first up if her modesty allows.

All that to say: Alice came over and picked out a week in outfits. So fun! I wish this late night photo did this outfit justice. I PROMISE to take the rest of the week's photos during goddamn daylight.

Thrifted:
  • Grey denim pencil skirt $7
  • Plaid red/black sleeveless ruffle blouse $4
  • Black silk cardigan $7
  • Black tank $4
  • No Boundaries black patent leather low platform pumps/ankle straps $7
  • Mess o' pearls $4
  • Pearl/jewel clip ons $2
Not thrifted: Nothing, ha ha ha!

What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • I don't know. This was my happiest getup in my clothes night with Alice, but I think the light and my cleavage are fucking with my head. Also, the amount of wine I drank at two diff events might also not be so helpful.
Total outfit cost: $35

No comments:

Post a Comment