Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Ladylike, that's me!

I never ever would have thought of this outfit but damn I really dig it (Alice, again). Girly and ladylike but still professional. The collared shirt with the belt and pearls reminds of one my most important fashion and life influences: Murphy Brown. But I don't think she ever would have worn these heels. They were fun and comfortable all day. I've had them for awhile but didn't know how to wear them. This totally worked for me!

Thrifted:
  • Sheer swiss dot collared shirt $4
  • Pale moss green t-shirt $4
  • Odille golden full-ish awesome cotton skirt $5
  • Mess-o-pearls $5
  • Chunky stone greenish clip ons $2
  • Bangles $3
Not thrifted:
  • ModCloth Paris-themed clocket (watch locket) $20
  • Old gold/leather belt $0
  • Diesel Neveau t-strap spectators in moss/pale green/lavender $35 (the most I've spent on a pair of shoes in a reeeallly long time... and they were marked down a LOT. But dudes, these shoes. THESE SHOES. You can see close up photos of them here.
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • I'm shortwaisted. And the belt - well, it's basically under my breastiful areas in a way that's not particularly flattering.
  • Still...I like it. It reminds me a little of Ralph Lauren ads in the 80s.
Total outfit cost:$78

P.S. Were you wondering "where's that cute dog Cotton?" Here she is! Photo op!

No comments:

Post a Comment