Thursday, June 23, 2011

I'm that woman who wears a cape!

Yeah. I'm wearing a freaking cape. Not so much like a superhero cape. More like a crazy / kooky / eccentric lady.

But it is an awfully cute cape, right? Really, it's a capelet. It's from ModCloth, which is pretty much the only place I buy NEW clothes on the rare occasions when I do buy new instead of thrift. In fact, while I was in the middle of this diet situation I've been on, I created a wish list there for when I hit 100 lbs gone. I thought I was gonna go on a mad shopping spree! But, no. Perfectly happy with my thrift spree instead. I still keep the list though! Cuz you never know when that ship will come in.


Thrifted:
  • Orange Ann Taylor tank from twin set $4
  • Flowery metal bracelet $2
  • Merona greens/beige/black/orange pleated skirt (gifted from Allison, but previously thrifted) $0
  • Orange/red clipons $2
Not thrifted:
  • Not Rated Honey Bee low-heeled flowery pump $0, cuz of having had them forever (see pic below)
  • ModCloth Cape May by Aryn K very lightweight capelet $46
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • Not sure if I matched (not too matchy) everything quite right. But overall, fun! Like!
Total outfit cost: $54 (still thrifty even with the storebought capelet!)

P.S. Close up of the cutest shoes. Mine are old and semi-wrecked (as usual!):

No comments:

Post a Comment